22 June 2013

Baby Quilt done!

Baby quilt

Baby quilt

I finished the baby quilt I was working on. It ended up being about 52 by 52 inches so a pretty good size.  The backing is a plain organic cotton and for the binding I used the leftovers from the king size I made last year.  I attempted to do free motion quilting with a darning foot i bought, but the arm on my machine is not big enough, and it was too hard to have so much of the quilt stuffed into the little area.  I put the regular foot back on and just did stitch in the ditch but of course since I didn't bother to put the walking foot on, it got a bit pinchy.  Especially the binding. It kind of did a small pinch at each pin.  I'm not good enough to go without pinning for the binding.  So it's ok though, because they're just small mistakes.  I messed up the mitering of the corners a bit too, but nothing too major. I'm still happy with it.  It's a bit busy, I wish I had some solids in my stash.  Next time I'm at the store, I'll stock up on a few metres of neat coloured solids.

Baby quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment